Mark your Calendar for Thursday, May 11, at the Anniston City Meeting Center!
This Year's Nominees Include:
Young Entrepreneur of the Year
Niky Van Hatten, Envy Salon
Jean & Steven Ellison, The Music Box
Jay Grubbs, RA-LIN and Associates, Inc.
Non-Profit of the Year
The Right Place for Housing & Support, Inc.
United Way of East Central Alabama
Emerging Small Business of the Year
Daybreak Media LLC
Hometown Parent Magazine
Infinity Massage Studio for Women
Taste of Eden
Sustaining Small Business of the Year
Downing and Sons
J. Brittain Associates
Moore Printing Co.
Ted's Abbey Carpet & Floor
Young Oil, Inc.
Previous Business Award Winners include:
- 2004 MedResource
- 2005 Altex Packaging
- 2006 ERA King Real Estate
- 2007 Animal Medical Center
- 2008 19th Hole Sports Grille at Cane Creek (now Heroes)
2009 Emerging: NobleBank
Sustaining: SPAR, Inc.
2010 Emerging: Wig’s Wheels
Sustaining: Miller Funeral Home & Crematory
2011 Emerging: WideNet Consulting
Sustaining: AOD Federal Credit Union
2012 Emerging: Smoke-N-Hot BBQ, Inc.
Sustaining: Morris Building Constructors
2013 Emerging: Christian Corner Meats
Sustaining: Oxford Lumber
2014 Emerging: Cheaha Cheer and Tumble
Sustaining: Piedmont Outdoor
2015 Emerging: Cheaha Women’s Health & Wellness
Sustaining: Signature In-Home Care
2016 Emerging: Calhoun Pickers
Sustaining: The Surgery Center
2016 Innovative Small Business of the Year: Pediatrics Plus
2016 Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Leah Sparks of Southern Girl Coffee
2016 Non-Profit of the Year: YMCA of Calhoun County
- King Motor Company
- Couch’s Jewelers
- F&M Bank
- Webb Concrete & Building Materials
- Acker Electric, ERA King Real Estate
- L. Brown Funeral Home
The Larry K. Sylvester Small Business Advocates are:
- 2010 Tom Coleman, SCORE
- 2011 Robbie Medders, SBDC
- 2012 Donna Fathke, East Alabama Regional Planning & Development
- 2013 John Wheeler, ACES Program
- 2014: Anniston Army Depot
- 2015: Center for Domestic Preparedness
- 2016: Northeast Alabama Entrepreneurial System
For more information, contact the Chamber at 256-237-3536.